Information for Patients
How to spend your time during hospitalization
Life during hospitalization
|Lights out||In principle, we turn on lights at 6:00 and turn them off at 21:00. Refrain from watching TV or using smartphone, etc., after the lights are turned off.|
|Meals||Do not bring meals from outside. We may not serve meals depending on the schedule of medical services, such as operations and laboratory tests.
About meals（＊in Japanese）
|Bathing/shower||The frequency and timing of baths and showers differ depending on individual patients' condition. In order to prevent infection, we don't use bath mats. A hospital store on the first floor of the East Wing sells disposable bath mats.|
Daily necessities, etc.
|Laundry||Use the laundry room in your ward by buying a pre-paid card (300 yen per use) or using the laundry service (540 yen for each bag of laundry).|
|Refrigerator||A refrigerator can be used with fees, except those installed in single-patient and other rooms that require an extra room charge. Buy a pre-paid card (100 yen per 24 hours) to use it.|
|Pre-paid card||The card can be used not only for TVs but also for washing machines and refrigerators. There is a card vending machine near each ward's day lounge.|
|Beddings||Bedding is provided by the hospital. Do not bring bedding from outside.|
|Room temperature||The room temperature cannot be adjusted, except in single-bed rooms.|
About the use of cell phones, smartphones and the Internet
Using cell phones or smartphones is permitted only in certain areas in accordance with instructions from hospital staff and with consideration for other patients.
|Place||Telephone call||Mail, Internet use||Notes|
|Day lounges, telephone corners||
|Rooms, corridors and waiting areas||
|Operation rooms, intensive care units, high care units, laboratory test and treatment rooms, etc.||
||Turn them off. When turned on, they could cause serious effects in terms of providing medical care.|
- Using them while walking after the lights are turned off (21:00 to 6:00 the following day) is prohibited.
- Using mobile phones in anything but silent mode inside the hospital is prohibited, as well as turning them on in prohibited areas.
- Taking photographs and/or videos and recording without permission is prohibited. This is to protect the personal information of patients and hospital staff.
- Those wishing to shoot videos on condition that they secure the privacy of those concerned must contact hospital contact beforehand for permission.
How to connect to the Internet
To access the Internet, we provide LAN cable outlets and a Wi-Fi router rental service for your PC or other devices.
- We provide a wireless Internet connection service only to patients staying at luxury rooms on the 10th floor of the East Wing.
Places that allow the use of LAN cables
|West Wing||Single-bed rooms (those with a special environment for recuperation), day lounges|
|South Wing||Single-bed rooms (those with a special environment for recuperation), four-bed rooms on the second floor, play rooms 1 and 2 on the third floor|
|East Wing||Single-bed rooms, special rooms (those with a special environment for recuperation), day lounges|
*1: Bring a LAN cable (about 3m).
*2: Some single-bed rooms do not have a LAN cable outlet.
Wi-Fi router rental service
- There is a Wi-Fi router rental service at the medical supply store on the third floor of the West Wing（＊in Japanese）. Please sign up there.
- Daily rental fee: 1,100 yen per day (including tax)
- The number of routers is limited. We may not be able to meet your request.
We are not responsible for any damages from the use of LAN cable outlets and Wi-Fi routers. Be mindful of the security risks involved.