Information for Patients


Payment of hospitalization fees

Billing for hospitalization fees

How to pay the hospitalization fees

Payment method Windows
Payment at the hospital (Cash, credit card, debit card)
  • Please pay the fees at one of automated payment machines at Area 3 or an automated payment machine that can be used after hours on the first floor of the Center for Outpatient Health.
  • If you do not wish to use an automated payment machine, please pay at Window 2, the payment counter.
Please refer to Payment of hospital fees page
Registered mail for cash
  • Please send your fees by registered mail for cash to the address below. The fee for sending the cash is borne by the sender.
    Address: Hospital Care Fee Office, Medical Affairs Division
    Chiba University Hospital
    1-8-1 Inohana, Chuo-ku, Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture 260-8677
    Tel: 043-222-7171
Bank transfer
  • This payment method is available only for those who do not plan to visit the hospital again after being discharged from the hospital, as well as for those wish to make their payment by bank transfer only.
  • We will mail you the bank transfer form together with your bill if requested.
  • The bank transfer fee is to be borne by the remitter.

Please be sure to keep your receipt

How to calculate hospitalization fees

Hospitalization fees are calculated based on two methods. One is the "Fee-for-Service system," in which all medical services provided to the patient are converted into points and added up. The other is the "Diagnosis Procedure Combination (DPC) system," in which the basic hospitalization charge per day is decided according to the illness the patient has been diagnosed with.

Fee-for-Service and DPC systems

Chiba University Hospital adopts the DPC system

In case the hospitalization period extends beyond 180 days

Basic hospitalization charge by a hospital that has one nurse caring for seven patients Basic hospitalization charge plus 2,592 yen.

*The total period of hospitalization, etc., is calculated based on what the Health, Labor and Welfare Minister specifies.