General Thoracic Surgery
Prof. YOSHINO Ichiro
Welcome to the Department of General Thoracic Surgery at Chiba University Hospital. If you are referred to our hospital for thoracic surgery, we will give you our best practice for your disease and be sure to contribute to your recovery.
We provide a full range of treatments for patients who require surgery for benign or malignant diseases of the lung, pleura, mediastinum, and chest wall (see below in detail). Other specialist areas of expertise include Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (known as VATS) thymectomy for myasthenia gravis.
Our department carries out diagnosis, treatment with the aim to cure and palliate patient's symptoms. We also have a particular interest in minimally-invasive surgery include VATS and respiratory muscle sparing surgery.
Furthermore, we have started robotic surgery (da Vinci Surgical System), and lung transplant program for progressive, benign lung diseases from last year.
- Lung cancer
- Tracheobronchial tumors
- Metastatic lung tumors
- Mediastinal tumor (thymoma, germ cell tumors, neurogenic tumors, bronchogenic cysts, etc)
- Chest wall tumors
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Benign lung disease (pneumothorax, giant bullae, sequestration, AVM etc.)
- Infectious disease (mediastinitis, thoracic empyema, lung abscess, etc)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Progressive lung disease requiring lung transplantation
|Professor (Dept. Med. Immunology)||MOTOHASHI Motohashi|
|Associate Professor||SUZUKI Hidemi||WADA Hironobu|
|Staff||YOSHINO Mitsuru||SAKAIRI Yuichi|
|TANAKA Kazuhisa||HATA Atsushi|