Clinical genetics is essential in most fields of clinical medicine. The division of clinical genetics is concerned with the diagnosis and management of the medical, social and psychological aspects of hereditary diseases including hereditary neuromuscular diseases and familial cancers. We care for not only the patient, but the entire family. Presymptomatic genetic testing for at-risk subjects of single-gene disorders and risk assessment for multifactorial diseases are also included in our jobs. We have focused on pharmacogenomics to ensure safe and effective individualized medicine. We all intend to pursue "P4 Medicine": predictive, preventive, personalized and participatory medicine.
- Genetic testing and genetic counseling to establish individualized medicine based on genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics
- Genetic risk assessment for cancers and other common polygenic diseases
- Predictive testing for late onset hereditary diseases
- Neurodegenerative diseases.
- Hereditary neurodegenerative diseases and familial cancers (HBOC, FAP, Lynch syndrome, MEN, etc).
|Professor||OSADA Hisao||HATA Akira|
|MATSUSHITA Kazuyuki||ONOUCHI Yoshihiro|
|Associate Professor||NISHIMURA Motoi||SAWAI Setsu|
|Staff||NAKADA Emiri||YOKOTA Masaya|
|NAGASAWA Akiko||NAKATSUGAWA Noriko|
|Genetic Counselor||UTSUNO Emi||SEKINE Mizuka|