At Chiba University Hospital, we are committed to ensuring every patient receives the best possible care and training world-class health care personnel, while conducting research in pursuit of breakthrough medical advances.
For over 140 years, Chiba University Hospital has stood tall among Japan’s 42 national university hospitals, which are affiliated with medical colleges and university medical departments. Indeed, we have an impressive record of research and treatment, and we have trained many medical professionals who have become global leaders in their fields.
The hospital dates back to the 1874 establishment of its predecessor, Kyoritsu Hospital, and was renamed to the current name in 1949. The spirit of Tokuhiro Miwa (1859-1933), who pioneered surgery at the Chiba University School of Medicine, has been passed on to current faculty members and students alike as shown by the fact that his credo - “A surgeon should have the heart of a lion, the eyes of a hawk and the hands of a woman” - is still held in high esteem even today.
But we won’t rest on our laurels. We are prepared to go beyond, embracing the challenges that globalization brings. As a key step in 2014, we opened the Global Health Care Center, a facility that welcomes patients, doctors and researchers from overseas.
We have state-of-the-art equipment and excellent facilities, but it is our dedicated doctors and nurses who make this hospital special.
Director General, Chiba University Hospital